Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

The US Visa is a visa for the immigration of people to the United States. The visa is available to applicants with residence or citizenship in another country. Most visa applications are adjudicated by the US Embassy or Consulates; however, some visas can be obtained from US border pre-clearance facilities abroad at certain airports and Canadian land border crossings. The visa enables visa holders to travel to the United States and seek entry. Applicants must demonstrate that they are admissible into the United States and visa holders can be denied entry if they are found ineligible for visa issuance.Typically, visa applicants apply to the Department of State for a visa. U.S. visa policy has four objectives: furthering the attainment of peace; encouraging international trade and commerce; fostering cultural and other exchanges; and easing consular processing. To qualify for a visa, applicants must submit Form DS-160 (unless an exception applies) and pay visa application fees. All visa applicants must demonstrate to a consular officer that they have strong ties to a residence in a foreign country which they have no intention of abandoning, extensive social and economic ties to their home country, close family relationships, or an imminent need for personal care in the United States due to poor health. If visa applicants have resided in their home country for at least two years, visa applicants must demonstrate that they will be employed and financially self-sufficient during their stay in the US.

The visa interview is often conducted by a consular officer and includes questions about the visa applicant’s background, financial resources, and intentions while in the United States

There are a large number of Visas to the USA most visa’s can be applied online. there are visas for which you have to apply for in-person, so if you want to visit the USA and stay there for a longer period than 90 days then you have to check the visa that is best suited for your situation.

Visa Type A – Foreign government officials and diplomats

For people who come to the US temporarily as part of their role in international organizations, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations.

Visas issued under this visa category are typically A-1 visas (for diplomats), A-2 visas (for other government officials or employees), or G-1 visas (for representatives to an international organization).

International organizations covered by visa type A include:

  1. The United Nations and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
  2. NATO and the North Atlantic Council
  3. The European Union, its institutions, and its bodies.
  4. The World Bank Group (including the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), International Development Association (IDA), International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA).
  5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB)
  6. The African Development Bank Group
  7. Interpol and certain other international organizations designated by the United States Attorney General. In addition visa type A visa can be used for those working in international organizations not covered by a visa type A visa if their organization has agreed with the United States requiring visa issuance.

There are three visa categories for representatives to international organizations which are visa types A, B, and G; each category is subject to different requirements.

Visa Type B-1- Business visitors1B

Business visa types allow people who are conducting business to enter the United States on a temporary visa only. a visa type B-1 visa must be sponsored by an individual or company that is doing business in America. They must also receive payment for their service either as money, product, or service.

You must also have a visa type B-1 visa if you are entering the United States for investment or other business activities. There is no minimum amount of money required to enter on this visa type, nor are there any special requirements for your visa to be valid. When you are approved for visa type B-1, it is only valid for six months.

Your visa type B-1 visa may be extended to a maximum of nine months, depending on the length of your visa type B-1 visa extension request. At that time you would then have to enter into the United States again with another visa type B-1 visa.

Visa Type B-2- Visitors for medical treatment

A visa application for a visa type B-2- Visitors for medical treatment are required to come into the United States on a visa. This visa allows you to stay in the US temporarily while receiving short-term medical treatment, which cannot be paid for by your government.   As long as you are staying there temporarily and it is not an emergency, you must travel to the US for your visa application.  The visa interview process will be necessary for this visa.

Visa Type C- Transit in the U.S

As a visa type C holder, you are allowed to travel into the U.S. for transit purposes but are not authorized to work or study in the country.  This visa is only meant for people traveling between Canada and Mexico by air or sea. The visa lasts 10 days maximum during which an individual may arrive at any port/land crossing.

While in transit, you must remain in a specific area of the airport. In some cases, this might mean spending nights at the airport while your visa stamp is being processed. If staying overnight is not possible, then you may be able to get a visa that only allows you to stay in the transit area for 24 hours. Applicants must prove they are traveling by air or sea between Canada and Mexico; the visa cannot be used for passport control on land borders between these two countries.

Visa Type D- Crew members serving on aircraft/ sea vessels

visa type D is for crew members serving on US-flagged ships or aircraft. This visa is also known as visa 461 and visa 13 of section viii visa. It allows the person to stay in the USA for a maximum period of 30 days. A passenger traveling to the United States via air who has a short duration trip can visa type D visa.

The visa holder is allowed to leave and return several times during this visa’s validity period, but can not change their visa status or extend their stay. The person must also have the necessary travel documentation, which includes a passport valid for 6 months after the visa’s validity period.

Visa waiver program

The Visa Waiver Program is a provision under which citizens of certain countries may be able to travel to the United States without obtaining a visa. The following 38 countries are part of this program: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brune I, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Japan Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Malta Monaco The Netherlands New Zealand Norway Portugal San Marino Singapore Slovak Republic Slovenia South Korea Spain Sweden Switzerland United Kingdom

The visa waiver program applies to travelers coming from visa waiver countries who wish to stay in the US for 90 days or less.

Apply for an ESTA

for the United States of America on the official U.S. visa for citizens for entering countries visa-free under the visa waiver program (Visa Waiver Program).

Some travelers arriving in the U.S. do not need a visa, they only need to apply for an ESTA visa before traveling to the USA. The visa is valid for 2 years and can be renewed once for another 2years. The visa allows the visa holder to travel within America for 90 days or until the visa of their original visa expires, whichever comes first. To apply for an ESTA visa you must submit your request online. The visa is usually processed within 72 hours after submitting the online request. Once approved, the visa is sent to the visa holder by email.

If you are not eligible, you can apply for an ESTA visa waiver, but remember that you will be required to submit your visa application with your passport at the airport or seaport on arrival in America.

there are some other visas can be obtained for specific cases. these visas are made for unique situations that do not fit into the visa categories already. Talk to a RelocateLtd professional 1:1 to determine the ideal immigration plans for your needs.

A RelocateLtd Professional is available 24/7, and because we take care of everything from A to Z, you’ll have peace of mind about every step.