Are you considering traveling to Canada? If so, you need to meet specific requirements and obtain a special visa. Keep reading to learn about the various Canada visa types, the information you need to know before applying and find a solution tailored to your needs.
What is a Canada visa?
A Canada visa is an official document issued by the Canadian government that is required for a foreign national to enter, remain in or transit through Canada.
Depending on the purpose of your stay, there are various types of visas in Canada available. These may include study permits, work permits, temporary residence permits, visitor visas and more.
Who is eligible to apply?
So, who can apply for a visa in Canada? The list includes:
- Citizens of another country with a valid passport;
- Refugees or persons in need of protection;
- Business people and investors;
- Temporary foreign workers;
What are the types of visas in Canada?
Depending on the objective of your trip or stay in the land of a maple leaf, you should consider applying for the most popular Canada visa types:
- Tourist visa – this visa is for individuals who are traveling to Canada temporarily for leisure, tourism or to visit family and friends.
- Business visa – this type is ideal for those who are going to Canada for business-related activities such as attending meetings, conferences, or seminars.
- Transit visa – are you traveling through Canada while in transit to another country? If so, this type will be perfect for you.
- Student visa – this type of visa in Canada is for those who plan to go to this country to pursue studies or research activities at a recognized Canadian educational institution.
- Work visa – want to start a new job in Canada? Then you should apply for a relevant work permit. To learn more about it, check out our work in Canada page.
- Permanent residence visa – this type is for those who immigrate to Canada with the intention of living there permanently.
- Family visa – for individuals who are immigrating to Canada to join their family members who are already living there.
What documents do you need?
The documents required for each type of visa in Canada may vary depending on the purpose of your trip. Generally, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport
- Proof of financial support
- Proof of legal status in your country of origin
- Medical exam results
- Police clearance certificates
- Educational documents
- Employment documents
- Any additional documents required by the Canadian government
How to apply for a selected Canada visa?
As you can see, there are various Canada visa types available. But what should you do once you decide which visa is the right fit for you?
Then it’s time for application. Create an account on the official government website and fill out the online application form where you need to provide all the necessary details and documents. Once you submit your application, you’ll receive an acknowledgment email and will be able to track the status of your application online.
If you meet all the requirements and select the right types of visas in Canada, you’ll receive an approval letter and you’ll be able to collect your permit.
Want to check your eligibility? We’ll be happy to help you.