The Australian government refers to 462 visa as a “temporary visa accessible to young people (aged 18–30) who wish to travel and work in Australia for up to a year.”
This visa allows the immigrants to work only for certain industries that are included in this subclass. The temporary immigrants must not be allowed to take positions that would displace Australian citizens or permanent residents and should have no criminal record.
Immigrants who come to Australia on a subclass 462 visa are only permitted to stay for up to 12 months at a time. You can extend your stay for another year in a row only once. If you wish to apply for extinction, you will need to apply for subclass 417.
What is a 462 Visa in Australia?
Subclass 462 visa lets immigrants travel and work in Australia. You can also bring your spouse with yourself to Australia, but the spouse is not allowed to work. This visa is specific to young people who wish to have an adventure abroad while still being able to receive a year’s worth of experience. You also cannot stay in one region for more than three months at a time. If immigrants wish to study while they are on the subclass 462 visa, they must apply for the subclass 574 visa. Immigrants are also not allowed to bring their children with them unless they are under 12 months old.
Another important note is that immigrants travelling on the subclass 462 visa must be able to provide proof of how they will support themselves financially while in Australia.
Reasons to Apply for a Work and Holiday Visa in Australia
Australia is one of the most in-demand countries for immigrants due to their fantastic economy and unique culture. and there are many reasons to consider immigration to Australia.
An Australian subclass 462 work and holiday visa is a visa that allows immigrants to work and travel in Australia. The work component of this visa allows immigrants to look for work for up to six months, with some limitations.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that people should not overlook, since the Australian economy is growing, and immigrants are numerous. It’s also an excellent method to familiarize yourself with the nation you want to call home before ever arriving in Australia.
The Criteria to Apply for Work and Holiday Visa to Australia:
The usual processing time for the visa is 2 months, in some cases can be even less than 1 month.
There are several qualifying criteria’s you should have in order to apply for this visa.
You must be aged 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) when you apply.
You must not have previously entered Australia on a:
- Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
- Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
For Argentina, Austria, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Luxembourg, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Uruguay, Vietnam you must
- have a tertiary qualification;
- have completed 2 years of undergraduate university study.
These are acceptable tertiary qualifications:
- graduate certificates;
These qualifications are not acceptable tertiary qualifications:
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education.
- Citizens of and hold a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland;
- Citizens of and hold a valid passport issued by Israel and have successfully completed an English Bagrut exam in the level of 3 study units;
- You have completed a relevant approved English language test or assessment;
- You have undertaken relevant education.
You must have enough money for your initial stay, plus the fare to where you are going after leaving Australia:
- Support yourself while you are in Australia
- Leave Australia at the end of your stay
Provide an examination of health approval.
Have a letter of support:
You must provide a letter of support if you are from: Ecuador, Greece, Indonesia, Luxembourg, Malaysia (Good Conduct Certificate), Peru, Poland, San Marino, Slovenia, Thailand, Turkey.
Pay your debts to the Australian Government:
If you or any family members (including those who don’t apply for the visa with you) owe the Australian government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
You might not be eligible for 462 visa to Australia if you have had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
How Will It Work?
Once you have applied to the Australian visa subclass 462 program, you will be assigned with an immigration consultant from Relocate Ltd that will be your assistant for the entire process.
Here are the steps that you will go through:
- Documents and forms gathering – your immigration case manager will contact you and will request to provide the documents needed for the applications.
- Login details – you will have login details to all the systems to see where the process stands at any given time.
- Form submissions – you will be provided with all the forms and documents you need to come with to the interview.
- CV creation – the next step would be for you to draft a solid CV that will be applied with the rest of the documents.
- Job applications – the employment coordinator will start applying your CV for the most relevant positions available for potential employment in Australia.
- Mentorship – you will go over the Mentorship session to be fully prepared for the relocation to the new country.
Relocate Ltd is the perfect choice for those looking to relocate to Australia. We provide a comprehensive relocation plan that covers all the necessary steps and services required for a smooth transition. Our team of experienced professionals will make sure your move is handled with care and precision, so you can focus on starting your new life in Australia worry-free.